Change Room Policy
The aim of this policy is to provide coaches, board members, parents and skaters, or any other person associated with the Quinte Skating Club (QSC) with guidance regarding conduct in and around the change room as well as protocol about the changing of skaters' attire.
While this list is not exhaustive, it will serve as a basic guide and will be reviewed annually. The policy may be subject to change to reflect a change in the constitution or other circumstances that may arise.
The QSC recognizes the value in supporting team spirit and an inclusive environment both on and off the ice.
- All change rooms are designated as CO-ED. Therefore, skaters are only to be changing footwear in the change rooms. Skaters needing to change outfits are encouraged to use the privacy of the washrooms in the facility. It is understood that there are times where male or female parents/guardians may need to enter the change rooms to assist younger skaters (CanSkaters/ Rising Stars).
- Children in the CanSkate program must always be surpervised and are the responsibility of the parent(s)/guardians within the change room and/or around the arena.
- ONLY parent(s)/guardians are premitted in the change rooms with the skaters.
- Change rooms should be exited in a timely fashion after each session and are to be left clean.
- Bullying and inappropriate behaviour and language will not be tolerated.
- Use of cell phones in change rooms to photograph, videotape or in any way compromise the privacy and/or safety of skaters is PROHIBITED.
- Skaters are to respect the belongings and personal property of others using the change room. Personal belongings of one skater are not to be moved for another skater to sit in a certain spot.
- Quinte Figure Skating Club is not responsible for any valuables that are lost or stolen from the dressing room area.
© Copyright Quinte Figure Skating Club