Ice Etiquette for STARSkaters (including Guests) and Coaches
SKATERS, PARENTS AND COACHES PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
Right of Way on the Ice:
• Skaters in a lesson have priority. Skaters may only have right of way with music played once per session. • Coaches should coach from the boards unless they are skating. (Please ensure any discussions are done atboardside) • In case of working on choreography, demonstrating dance or skills, coaches may use full ice but must follow the ice etiquette rules.
• Only 20 skaters are permitted on the ice at any one time this may require coaches to alternate on ice and off ice (inside boards) to coach.
• Cross-discipline coaching is permitted as all sessions are open. (unless grouped structured sessions). • Courtesy and good sportsmanship to coaches and fellow skaters are expected at all times. If you get in another skaters way please be polite and apologize.
• If a coach has concerns with the conduct of another coach’s skater, the concern should be discussed between the two coaches, unless deemed an immediate safety issue.
• If you fall, get up immediately.
Harness Use: is not permitted at this time
• Skaters are NOT permitted to bring their music to the ice or use the sound system. Only Coaches are permitted to play music using the sanitization provided for safe use.
• Spins are to be practiced in the centre of the rink.
• Jumps are to be practiced in the corners and length of the rink.
• Each coach is entitled to one request per lesson unless working on choreography. Even when in choreography if another skater is waiting for music, they must have priority before you have a second opportunity. If there are no other requests (from skaters or coaches) additional requests are permitted however, skaters may only have the right of way with music once during a session.
• If time permits skaters may have their music more than once. Skaters must be respectful of other skaters wanting to have music played. If a skater has had their music played more than once, then a skater without a previous request must receive priority.
Other General Issues:
• Masks must be worn when not on the ice.
• No food, gum chewing or drinks are allowed in the arena. Water bottles are allowed – however they must be at a distance from other skaters, must be clearly labelled and prefilled.
• Put garbage (including Kleenex) in the containers provided.
• If socializing is disruptive to the session, you may be asked to leave the ice. If social distancing is not observed you will be asked to leave the ice.
• Skaters are NOT permitted to use personal electronic devices (cell phones for video capture) while skating on Quinte ice. Coaches can use these devices for teaching purposes only and send the video to the skater. Coaches may only access these devises at the side of the boards.
PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS ON THE STARSKATE ICE SHOULD BE DISCUSSED WITH A QUINTE SKATING CLUB BOARD DIRECTOR. NON-COMPLIANCE CAN RESULT IN SUSPENSION AND/OR TERMINATION OF SKATING PRIVILEGES AT THE CLUB. THE CLUB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME ESPECIALLY IN RESPONSE TO CHANGING POLICIES OF SKATE ONTARIO OR THE WELLNESS CENTRE.